DID PROP 37 REALLY LOSE OR WAS IT VOTE FRAUD? By Jon Rappoport

November 8, 2012 www.nomorefakenews.com

Hold your horses.

On election night, not long after the polls closed in California, the announcement came out: Prop 37 was losing.  A little while later, it was all over.  37 had gone down to defeat.

But is that the whole story?  No.

As of 2:30PM today, Thursday, November 8th, two days after the election, many votes in California remain uncounted.

I tried to find out how many.

It turns out that the Secretary of State of CA, responsible for elections in the state, doesn’t know.

I was told all counties in California have been asked, not ordered, to report in with those figures.  It’s voluntary.

So I picked out a few of the biggest counties and called their voter registrar offices.  Here are the boggling results:

Santa Clara County: 180,000 votes remain uncounted.

Orange County: 241,336 votes remain uncounted.

San Diego County: 475,000 votes remain uncounted.

LA County: 782,658 votes remain uncounted.

In just those four counties, 1.6 million votes remain uncounted.

The California Secretary of State’s website indicates that Prop 37 is behind by 559,776 votes.

So in the four counties I looked into, there are roughly three times as many uncounted votes as the margin of Prop 37’s defeat.

And as I say, I checked the numbers in only four counties.  There are 54 other counties in the state.  Who knows how many votes they still need to process?

So why is anyone saying Prop 37 lost?

People will say, “Well, it’s all about projections.  There are experts.  They know what they’re doing.  They made a prediction…”

Really?  Who are those experts?  I have yet to find them.

For big elections, the television networks rely on a private consortium called the National Election Pool (NEP).  NEP does projections and predictions.  Did NEP make the premature call on Prop 37?  So far I see no evidence one way or the other.

NEP makes some calls for the television networks, but NEP is composed of CBS, CNN, FOX, NBC, ABC, and AP.  It could hardly be called an independent source of information for those networks.

NEP has AP (Associated Press) do the actual vote tabulating, and NEP also contracts work out to Edison Media Research and Mitofsky International to do exit polls and projections based on those polls.

Edison Media Research did the exit polls in the state of Washington for this election.  How?  They surveyed 1493 people by phone.  Based on that, I assume they made all the projections for elections in that state, even though there is no in-person voting in Washington, and voters can submit their ballots by mail, postmarked no later than election Tuesday.  So how could Edison know anything worth knowing or projecting on election night?

Both Edison Research and Mitofsky were involved in the 2004 election scandal (Kerry-Bush), in which their exit polls confounded network news anchors, because the poll results were so far off from the incoming vote-counts.

Edison and Mitofsky issued a later report explaining how the disparity could have occurred; they tried to validate their own exit-poll data and the vote-count, which was like explaining a sudden shift in ocean tides by saying clouds covered the moon.  It made no sense.

So if NEP did the premature Prop 37 projections that handed 37 a resounding loss, there is little reason to accept their word.

We’re faced with a scandal here.  An early unwarranted projection against Prop 37 was made, when so many votes were still uncounted.

Those votes are still uncounted.

Why should we believe anything that comes next?

Jon Rappoport

The author of an explosive collection, THE MATRIX REVEALED, Jon was a candidate for a US Congressional seat in the 29th District of California.  Nominated for a Pulitzer Prize, he has worked as an investigative reporter for 30 years, writing articles on politics, medicine, and health for CBS Healthwatch, LA Weekly, Spin Magazine, Stern, and other newspapers and magazines in the US and Europe.  Jon has delivered lectures and seminars on global politics, health, logic, and creative power to audiences around the world.  You can sign up  for his free emails at www.nomorefakenews.com

48 thoughts on “DID PROP 37 REALLY LOSE OR WAS IT VOTE FRAUD? By Jon Rappoport

• November 12, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Does anyone know if ALL of the votes have been counted yet? (I answered myself below).

WHO monitors this? How do we track this when the final reporting comes in so late?
    Is it any coincidence that the final count comes in as we are scurrying around for the holidays?
    The final tally comes in so late – that we (as a collective) have moved on to other things… we have been “told” what the results are already…

How many people even know that those are NOT the final results? I have NEVER heard of “updated results” after election day… ever. Do the results actually change? Are there any precedents for this? Why is the media so quiet about this? (follow the money)

I found an official ca.gov website:

This says that the final counts must be in by DECEMBER 7th, and they will be certified by December 14th. It also says that “Some counties show an entire precinct as having reported, even if only ONE BALLOT from that precinct has been counted.” This is a question and answer page. Informative and scary. If this is the case… then HOW ON EARTH DO WE ALREADY “KNOW” THE “RESULTS”?

This also allows a lot of wiggle room for any kind of collusion on the part of those with the money and agenda. Sadly, my first instinct was that Prop 37 could not win… no matter what – because there is just too much “power” behind keeping us in the dark – as guinea pigs… they are doing their safety studies on us (since it has never been done in an unbiased real way). By the time the tide turns (as it will, if we keep up the good fight, and spread the knowledge) “they” will have won either way… They will have made lots of money, and the seeds will be entrenched into the environment and it will be very difficult (if not impossible) to fully eradicate them.

Not only do we need labels to let us know what is in our food, allowing us to choose based on knowledge – we need more transparency and citizen involvement in the elections. We should keep to simple paper ballots (like Germany reverted back to) that allow us to hold accountability. Anything that is digital can be corrupted… and they want to “allow” us to vote with our phones! Ha! Like American Idol (do you think it is REALLY 100% accurate? really?)

I hope that people do not give up and just “believe” what we are told about the vote, when it hasn’t all been counted! I find it very telling that it is still at the same place it was… even as “more votes” come in. Is that possible?

Here is another official link: http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/status/
    It says “100.0% (24,491 of 24,491) precincts partially reporting as of November 11, 2012, 5:25p.m.”
    When I first found this page, I was confused… as it APPEARS that everything is reported. All counties show 100.0% as “% Reporting”. Then I noticed the “Report Type” and found the legend at the bottom. CCC is the code for “County Canvas Complete. No further updates will be provided”. Not a single county is listed as CCC. Most are still listed as FENU which stands for “Final Election Night Update. No further updates will be provided on election night but ballot counting will continue during the 28-day post-election canvass period.”

What I want to know, is WHO watches this process? How can we know that it is legit? i wish I had time to volunteer or become an activist! We can afford to give up completing the process (and monitoring it). I think that the larger issue is vote accountability. That is core to everything we vote on!

• November 12, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I do not live in the US, but have followed Prop 37 on internet for a long time before the ‘vote’, as I have been against Monsanto for the past 30 years (ever since I first heard about them as a young adult) & I SO hoped it would pass, to start ‘killing off’ Monsanto. I find it hard to understand how come it has taken so many Americains so long to educate themselves about the evils of this company & the ‘food’, if you can call it that, that has been imposed on you all, without you knowing it was GMO, because you never took the time to educate yourselves about Monsanto. Better late than never, as they say… You all have a lot of work in front of you to defeat this diabolical corporation…
    When I heard Prop 37 had not gone through, despite the huge ratings of people wanting their food labelled… the first thought that came to my mind was huge disappointment for all those who wanted the vote to come through, my second thought was… fraud… votes not taken into account… (Paid for by Monsanto?) & tonight I stumble across this article… Was I so wrong to think what I thought? (The few people I mentioned it to, all said I was mad to think such thoughts) It would appear not! I so hope this article is truthful & that the truth of these uncounted votes eventually comes out. My advise to all you Americans, is to boycott all these companies who spent millions for you not to know… buy local food, everything as ‘raw’ as possible, forget processed foods, learn to cook, learn that it doesn’t take forever to produce a healthy meal, throw your microwave in the recycling bin & never forget: You are what you eat! Good luck to you all & never give up fighting to get rid of one of the world’s most hated corporations: Monsanto.

• November 12, 2012 at 11:13 am

WHY is this even a vote? why isn’t this just a MANDATE by the FDA!!? Aren’t they supposed to be protecting us? Looking out for our best interests where Food and Drugs are concerned… I mean COME ON!
    I bet it passed by a landslide… haven’t even counted Los Angeles?? THAT’S HUGE!

• November 12, 2012 at 9:36 am

WHY DONT YOU MAKE A PETITION FOR PEOPLE TO SIGN TO GET THOSE VOTES COUNTED? OR TO HAVE A RE-VOTE?

• November 12, 2012 at 8:47 am

Big time fraud like Obama birth not certified repeating Florida. Check the 4th Babushka egg concept book GENETIC MODIFICATION EXPOSED (www.apocalypse2008-2015.com)

• Pingback: California’s Prop 37 Scandal: Resolution and Healing Amid the Corruption - Washington State Next? - Waking Times : Waking Times

• Pingback: California’s Prop 37 Scandal: Resolution and Healing Amid the Corruption | Wake Up World

• November 10, 2012 at 7:44 pm

in my opinion, first off, i dont view this as a loss. i view this as a challenge. i personally take full resposibility for this not passing. i didnt spread the word about the danger of GMOs enough. i didnt get active. i just thought i would vote and that would be good enough. i didnt donate money even though i knew that all the big Ag and big JUNK food corporations had donated millions against it.
    ok, now with that out of the way, lets get to the real deal about GMOs. GMOs are “genetically modified organisms”. there was an earlier post where the person talks about cross pollination of tomato plants and dog breeding as if that is what this issue is about. thats not it at all. GMOs are made in a labratory in which they are altering the DNA of an organism, like corn for instance, and modifying it at a molecular level. the modifications are supposed to make the corn more “drought resistant” or “drought tolerant” or more resistant to pests. that may sound good and all, but unfortunately it doesnt just stop there. there is the “terminator gene”, i dont know if yall have heard of this little number. the “terminator gene” make the plant sterile so that it will not produce seeds. sounds safe enough (please detect sarcasm), but what it does is it gives the manufacturers of these plants full control of the seed so that the farmer, who actually grows it, is dependent on the manufacturer each season to plant a new season of crops and gives them a monopoly. there are also concerns that it may cause fertility issues in human beings who ingest products made with these crops!
    lets talk a little on which crops are GMOs. from what i can think of off the top of my head; corn, sugar beets, and canola. i know there are more but those three make up a predominate amount of what you see in your local grocery store. i mean, think of how many products contain sugar or high fructose corn syrup. but GMOs are not just crops, hence why they are called ‘genetically modified ORGANISIMS”. there are also bacterias that have been genetically modified like e coli. it is modified to secrete, through its excrement, a sweetener that we know as aspartame. lovely little aspartame is the sweetener in “diet” colas. this is why pepsi is financially supportive against prop 37 and soooooooo adamant about not revealing the nature of its usage of GMOs.
    now lets talk a little about a thing i like to call “ethics”. earlier i talked about the monopoly big Ag has on its GMO crops and how they are in full control of their seed distribution. well, they also have a monopoly on their GMO crops because they are patented and protected (fiercely i might add) by patent protection laws. thats right, they have a patent on a plant. on LIFE. now, im not a religious man by any stretch, but to put a patent on a lifeform goes against the core of my being. and if GMO crops (ones without the terminator gene i would imagine) cross pollinate with a crop in a neighboring farm who is growing non GMO crops, the manufacturer of the GMO crop will sue that farmer for copyright infringement even though said farmer did nothing to obtain the GMO strain and in most (if not all) cases doesnt want to grow the GMO strain. please google this if you dont believe me. its absoultely overwhelming to see how many cases there are like this and how the farmers who dont want to grow the GMO crops become bankrupt just trying to fight it out in court.
    also there is no independent testing on the health/risk factors of these crops on human health. apparently the FDA is fine with big Ag doing its own research and submitting to them for their approval. pretty easy to do though when the board of the FDA is filled with former big Ag executives.
    anyhow, i hope this information helps some of you. and, honestly, i hope im wrong about this and look forward to seeing replies to this post. lets get the truth out there.

• November 10, 2012 at 11:30 am

I voted late because I was VBM and missed the mail in. I was Pro 37 all the way. I think it probably ends the same though with our proposition losing which is really unfortunate. I think what is most disturbing is that if these labels were to make it on products, (pardon me, but) the public would shit itself because there’s hardly any product untouched. NOW, the toughest issue I have with this whole thing is that I grow some produce, I’ve had Mr.Stripey Tomatoes, cross pollinate with my cherry tomatoes, and I have a friend who is a big time tomato farmer and we discussed this. So, when one propagates plants, we often pick seeds from a plant with a trait we desire, that’s why we have so many different types of tomatoes for instance, and that requires the genetics of one plant altering the other. Is this a GMO? I think many would say yes, especially people fearful of the term. Dogs are the same way, you only get specific dogs by breeding along a genetic line that is desirable and holds the traits of a known breed. OR, all dogs turn into those medium sized, mutt dogs that run loose in every 3rd world shanty town, that’s the breakdown of breeds. So what needs to really happen is to educate on what a GMO is, obviously, some a-holes playing God and crossing human and pork genes or eel and salmon would be some good guidelines but doesn’t tell the whole story. What about those Tyson Chickens that grow to huge sizes in 1/2 or less the time of chickens in the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s. Now that stuff right there is unhealthy, THAT is the stuff that has to come to light. We’ve got to convince the public that 1. our food industry being converted to fast food nation is NOT GOOD and Very Harmful,2. What those real impacts are on their health. 3. Perhaps start initiatives like the micro-brew industry where small batch brewing is growing and growing, but have small-batch growers infect the country and we’ll get back to where we need to be, but these people need HUGE Support from all of us. Anyway, thanks for reading. I love all you supporters, we just have to get a handle on this. What is more basic than the food we feed ourselves and our families???

• November 10, 2012 at 10:47 am

Has anyone noticed that coverage of the rest of the propositions 31,32,33,34,35,36,39,40 and measure R were NOT reported. I only heard of #37 and #30, no others. I suspected that somerhing was funny in Denmark concerning the elections outcome. and not only this one, look at the Bush’s elections, with all this in mind, I think we should HAND COUNT ALL ELECTION RETURNS. and especially for propositon #37 and #30 a full recount for both, I’m just so sure that #37 won, and #30 lost. I think the whole election was illegal and should be investigated. Money does TALK doesn’t it?

Comments are closed.